Can you believe it’s been two months?! Nope, me neither. On the one hand it seems like an age since my last day at work and
Mum I was packing up our flat. On the other hand, it has all flown by. We are now around a third of the way through our trip but already hoping we can extend it slightly.
- Countries visited: Two
- Places visited: Twelve
- Flights taken: Two
- Kilometres driven: 2,683 – that’s about 100km more than driving from London to Moscow
- Favourite dish: Spicy Balinese pork
- Biggest extravagance: One night sailing on the Whitsundays. Worth every dollar
- Biggest bargain: A snorkelling trip with manta rays for just £10 each
- Clothing previously a assumed lost in laundry but found: One – Katie’s vest top *happyface*
- Best purchase: Seasickness tablets for the Great Barrier Reef boat – the journey was pretty choppy!
- Best item in rucksack: Purloined Kiehls toiletries
- Top of our reading list: The Godfather – Mario Puzo; Where’d You Go, Bernadette? – Maria Semple
- Snakes: One
- Favourite photo spot: Whitehaven beach, QLD